05 October 2013

September Wrap Up and October TBR

September was a great month, although I didn't have much time to just sit back and relax. I spent the first couple of weeks running around like crazy, trying to get things sorted before my holiday, and on the 18th I set off for Rome. I spent an amazing five days there, and I wish I could have stayed longer. I definitely want to go back in the near future! I recorded the first four days of my trip, and I plan on putting all the videos up on my Youtube channel at some point this month. 


Books Read in September

1. Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill
4. Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
5. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
6. Blackout by Robison Wells
7. Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock
8. Resist by Sarah Crossan
9. The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
10. Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi


Currently (kind of) Reading


To the surprise of nobody, I am still in the middle of a bunch of books. I will get to them. Eventually.
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (which I really am reading and enjoying)

Book of the Month

This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read, and I think everyone needs to read this book at some point. Preferably right now.

October TBR

1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
2. Night Witches by L. J. Adlington
3. Shift by Hugh Howey
4. Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
5. The Trap by Andrew Fukuda
6. The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer
7. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
8. The Gunslinger by Stephen King
9. The Green Mile by Stephen King
10. The Haunting of James Hastings by Christopher Ransom
11. The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom
12. The Diviners by Libba Bray
13. The Uprising by Lisa M. Stasse
14. Head Games by Joe Hill

There is no way I'm going to get to all of these, but I like to have options. Always. 
 Despite me warning Judith that I really didn't enjoy If I Stay, she recommended Just One Day to me this month. Er... yay? All I know about this one is that there's travelling, and there is Dutch stuff. I was nice enough to recommend Cirque du Freak to Judith, which sets off one of my all time favourite series: The Saga of Darren Shan. 

16 comments:

  1. Nice post, you read a lot of books in September!
    I love To Kill A Mockingbird, it's one of my all time favourite books and I recommend it to literally everyone!
    Good luck on your reading for this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Literally everyone" I see what you did there XD I've been recommending it left, right, and centre as well. I'm still waiting for my brother to start it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yeay, I'm happy you like Tiger Lily so far :D The school for good and evil can be a bit slow, but I really liked it. I need to read my copy from The diviners soon. Can't wait to hear what you think if you manage to read it in October. And like I promised on Twitter, I hope to read How to kill a Mockingbird somewhere before this year ends :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY DID NO ONE WARN ME ABOUT TIGER LILY BEING AMAZING. Wait, I guess you kind of did. *cries* I want to reread it. The School for Good and Evil isn't going anywhere, I'm so sad. I'll finish it eventually, I suppose.

      YESSSSSSSS, and I will be holding you to that promise :D

      Delete
  3. To Kill a Mockingbird and The Catcher in the Rye are two of my favourite books, especially the former, it is a timeless tale. Have fun getting through all your october reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have good taste if you love TKAM :D I adore it.

      Delete
  4. I find it really confusing that some Song of Ice and Fire box sets have all of the books except Storm of Swords and the ones that do have it, have it split in half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UK paperback was split in half, as was A Dance with Dragons, because they're so bloody big :) What do you mean, some boxsets don't include ASOS?! WHAT.

      Delete
  5. This is the first video I have seen by you! :) Love your personality and I did laugh at your Catcher In The Rye opinion, I've never read it, doubt I ever will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Haha. I should really cross-post them on here more often, I don't think people are aware that I'm on Booktube as well XD Aw, thank you *blushes*

      Delete
  6. Hmm I want to try Just One Day since I loved If I Stay, but I don't know anything about it except that it's a contemporary lol. I see you'll be reading Tiger Lily this month! OMG that book is really good. I'll def. keep my eye out for your review on it. I have a copy of To Kill A Mockingbird but have not read it, but I took a test on it when I was a freshman in high school and got a B LOL. I don't know man..I guess I'm a good guesser? I really enjoyed reading Catcher in the Rye though. Holden is some unique dude!

    -leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I know is that it's a contemporary and there is travelling! And Dutch words. I finished Tiger Lily and O-M-G. One of my favourites, I think. To Kill a Mockingbird is FABULOUS, you must read it! Let me book push you.

      Delete
  7. *reads entire post*

    YAYAYAYAY YOU'RE READING THE ASK AND THE ANSWER THIS MONTH FINALLY *FLAILS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. ONCE I'VE FINISHED TWO MORE BOOKS. OMGOMGOMGOMG.

      Delete
  8. "Currently reading: The School for Good and Evil" hahahahaha right.

    I'll be starting Darren Shan after my exams! Also, I'm not making you read Just One Year because it was DEFINITELY not as good as JOD. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said kind of... >.<

      YESSSS, I can't wait for you to start Darren Shan. I hope you like it, despite the first line/page. It's not my favourite in the series, so... I'm nervous. VERY nervous.

      Hahaha, I don't think I'll read JOY after your reaction to it XD

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!