26 September 2012

WoW: Shadowlands by Kate Brian



Shadowlands by Kate Brian
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: Hyperion
Goodreads


Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye. 

Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?

Does anyone else love books and movies about serial killers, or is that just me? I also adore books set on an island and/or at the beach, so this sounds pretty awesome. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

13 comments:

  1. OK, this sounds AMAZING.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in love with the cover and that it's half the appeal, but it sounds AMAZING.

    If I ask real nice do you think they'll bring it out NOW?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is already giving me chills! The cover is also gorgeous, though a bit interesting for a book about serial killers...

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I want to read this book so bad! I LOVE murder mysteries. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this one a *lot,* and I must admit it sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo great pick! I have just recently jumped on the must have list for this one and I am now dying to read it =) Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need this book! The cover is just amazing! Awesome pick!

    My WoW pick

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm super excited for this book too. i love the cover! i want it in poster size so i can hang it on my wall. :)

    our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like an intense book !! I look forward to know if it's as good as it sounds !! Great pick Amber ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! This book sounds so good! I haven't heard of it yet but adding it to my list. Also love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a sucker for documentaries, movies and books about serial killers. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the suspense is oozing from that summary! Such a beautiful cover too! Great pick, thanks for the rec :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!