28 March 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Velveteen by Daniel Marks


Series: Velveteen #1
Release Date: October 9, 2012
Publisher: Random House Children's Books


Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that's not the problem.

The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it's not a fiery inferno, it's certainly no heaven. It's gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn't leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what's really on her mind.

Bonesaw.

Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she's figured out just how to do it. She'll haunt him for the rest of his days.
It'll be brutal . . . and awesome.

But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen's obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she's willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.

Velveteen can't help herself when it comes to breaking rules . . . or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.

I've been subscribed to Danny on Youtube for a long, long time now and I have been looking forward to reading this ever since I first heard him talk about it. This is his YA debut, so it'll count towards the DAC and it sounds AWESOME. Does anyone else think so? I'm really excited for this, and I'm so glad that the cover was finally revealed so I can feature it here!

14 comments:

  1. This book look like it will be fun ,,, I will make sure to read it when it is released :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's going to be GREAT XD I'm so excited.

      Delete
  2. Great pick! I haven't seen it before and it looks creepy and awesome at the same time!

    Liza’s WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of Velveteen - chose this as my WoW last week and I totally agree with you! I'm excited to read this!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We actually just got this book from NetGalley.. it really does sound interesting! Great pick and hope you get your hands on it :)

    Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've requested it from NG but I haven't been approved yet! I don't mind if I don't, I'll be buying it either way XD

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited about Velveteen! I feel in love with the blurb immediately and then when they released the cover *dies*
    Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! I know! And Danny is hilarious, so I'm sure this book is going to be GREAT.

      Delete
  6. It looks so good! The cover is so pretty, and the summary is really good. As Farah said, it's on Netgalley! Hope we enjoy it.
    --Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it! I'm really looking forward to it, obviously!

      Delete
  7. This one sounds very interesting. The name of Bonesaw is chilling ... not sure if I want to know how he got the name, you know what I mean?

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I thought the same thing while reading the blurb! Gah. It sounds amazing though, so I'll just have to give him a cutesy nickname.

      Delete
  8. This one looks SO good! Super excited to read it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!