28 September 2011

So... Who's Pre-Ordering the Kindle Touch?

Amazon announced new products today, one of those being the Kindle Touch. The other being the Kindle Fire, on which you can apparently watch movies or something. I wasn't really paying attention as the Fire isn't out in the UK yet and I can watch movies on my laptop.

But what I did pay attention to was the Touch. I've been mucking around with a friend's iPad recently - she's let me borrow it - and I've been loving reading ebooks on it. So when I found out about the Touch on Twitter I literally jumped up and down.

I was wondering what your views are on this new edition of the Kindle. Pointless? Amazing? Awe-inspiring? I think it's a pretty cool piece of equipment, and at £20 cheaper than the older Kindle (seriously, what's up there?) I think it's a bit of a bargain!

So, who's bought one? Or, if you're American, who's preordering a Kindle Fire? Is anyone excited about the touch screen Kindle? I most definitely am.

8 comments:

  1. I don't know about this... It's pretty cool, but I like my Kindle because it isn't touch screen :L It depends how easy it is to turn pages, because if it's easy I'd keep doing it, accidentally... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bella, that is so true! I don't accidentally turn pages on the iPad, but I get distracted and start playing with them. I see how far I can turn the page without it actually turning. It's so distracting! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got last year's Kindle. This year's UK one seems to have a couple less features (which I guess is why it's cheaper), but it looks pretty neat and I wouldn't mind you (but I already have a Kindle!). I hope you enjoy it when it arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that was going to happen. I put off buying a kindle for so long, then last year I finally bought one. But just knew they'd make the touch screen once I already bought one :-\ Oh well. Maybe I'll upgrade in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I am going to buy the first generation of the Kindle Fire, since well there are always major improvements in the first couple iterations.

    I got last year's model of the kindle and it's working great for me so there's no point in upgrading at this point.

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I had no idea about this! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally it is coming out! I wont be ordering it though, just ordered my first kindle since there really cheap right now (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tend to buy the first generation of anything. I'll see how the Fire works. I agree that it'll probably get better in the next 6 months. I like my non-touch Kindle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!